Jewish Values. Jewish Friendships. Jewish Fun.
J Line South Hills brings Judaism to life in a way that is relevant, enriching and fun. J Line South Hills gives our teens choice, diversity and depth in their Jewish learning experiences where Jewish values are “front row and center” in ways that speak to them. J Line South Hills empowers our teens to embrace their Jewish identity, grapple with challenging life questions and improve the world in their own way.
Some of the Highlights….
- Dinner is always included on Wednesday evenings from 6:15-6:45 and could be anything from waffles, to mac and cheese, pizza, pasta and more!
- Elective mini-courses meet on Wednesdays from 6:45-7:30 and cover a range of topics:
- Story Telling
- Muslem-Jewish Cooking
- #MeToo in Jewish History
- What Do You Really Meme?
- Jewish Rap and Hip-Hop
- And Much Much More!
- Core classes (Taught by Grade Level) meet on Wednesday nights from 7:45 – 8:30 and address the following:
- Who am I?
- With whom and what am I connected?
- To whom and for what am I responsible in this world?
- How can I bring about change in this world?
- NEW CONFIRMATION CLASS STRUCTURE! 10th graders have the option to participate in a confirmation program that includes both Reform and Conservative students. The Confirmation class meetings are facilitated and taught by rabbis from both Temple Emanuel and Beth El. Sign-up along with your J Line registration. A complete schedule will be sent to all participants.
- Modern Hebrew classes are available on Monday nights
- Change Agents Experience for 11th and 12th graders on Tuesday nights
Join us. Choose Your Journey.
Check it out: J-Line-South-Hills-2018-19-Program
Click here to register!
J Line South Hills is the product of an ongoing collaboration between Temple Emanuel, Beth El Congregation, South Hills Jewish Pittsburgh, and the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh. All are welcome regardless of affiliation.