Larry & Brenda Miller Memorial Caring Community
Within Temple Emanuel, there is a group of Temple members who are available to help other members when they are in need. We also remember members during life cycle events, such as the birth of a baby, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, weddings, and funerals.
WAYS WE CARE:
1) When a baby is born, we send a congratulatory note, and the parents receive a gift of a child’s book of Jewish prayers.
2) When a Torah Center student has a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, we send a Mazel Tov note.
3) When members have a wedding, we send a Mazel Tov note.
4) When a member comes home from the hospital, we deliver a Shabbat bag the Friday before Shabbat begins. Contents include challah and challah cover, mini grape juice, Shabbat candlesticks, a get well card, and a small prayer book.
5) When a member dies, we bring a cookie tray to the house where there is a Shiva.
6) We provide rides to the doctor and Shabbat services for members who don’t drive.
7) We make phone calls to senior members to check on them and invite them to events.
8) Torah Center 6th/7th graders have offered to help by making and delivering Hanukkah baskets and Sh’lach Manot baskets for Purim. These get delivered to some of our senior membership.
9) We sponsor a Grief and Loss Support Group run by a member with experience in grief counseling. The group meets monthly and is open to all who are grieving.
We welcome new members who want to help! Contact 412-835-1783